Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mr. Potato head says, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

The rumors of Mrs. Potato Head putting the beat down on the famous Mister have been grossly exaggerated.

Photobucket

You see, my potatoes, yeah about them, they aren't well, dead. Remember how I was swearing a blue streak over the @#$#%#$ cutter worms? Well, they, well, are back!  No, not zombie potatoes!

Photobucket

Um, yeah...

Anyway...

Photobucket

I haven't touched them, no water for a few weeks, never paid them any mind. And Poof! There they are. Nature, you can pollute it, burn it, insult it, but still it thumbs us in the eye. I. Have. Potatoes!! :)

I'm glad they aren't zombie potatoes. But then again, would they even eat brains?
I must ponder this.

Maybe they would sort of hobble around groaning, "photosynthesissssss". That would be really annoying.

ANYWAY....

In other developments, our tomatoes are growing like crazy. Here is just a very small sample of what we have growing...

Photobucket

and...

Photobucket

And finally, a little help from Mr. Hand for size reference...

Photobucket

They are covered with them. Each day this week, I discover a few more. last count, 25! That's just the good size ones, I'm not even including the teeny tiny ones.

My dreams of authentic gravy maybe a reality!

In the mean time, today, I put in some summer veggies..

Summer Squash...

Photobucket

Pumpkins...

Photobucket

And lastly, peas and pole beans...

Photobucket

I know, it's just dirt. But in (hopefully) 10 days, stuff will be a sproutin'!

but yeah, it's still dirt.

In the mean time, I will leave you with this very colorful photo of my very Significant Others fermented veggies. :) Beets, turnips, garlic (from our garden) and cabbage.

Photobucket

I grow them, she makes magic. :)

So, that's it for now.

Coming up soon, my next and hopefully last, major project for the yard (for a while): a new clothes line. I will post some other things in the mean time to keep you coming back for more.

Remember, say it with me now, Green is Good. No, not zombie green, sheesh, that nature stuff.

Cheers!

No comments: